Faculty College Overview
Faculty College brings small faculty teams together over the course of the academic year to plan, study, and develop innovative curricular and pedagogical ideas. It provides these faculty teams with the space, time, and resources to work collaboratively on projects such as:
- new team-taught courses
- a major change to a department's curriculum
- new cross-disciplinary teaching endeavors
The focused time spent in Faculty College leads to critical improvements in, and spotlights the importance of, undergraduate education at Stanford.
The deadline to submit proposals for the 2014-15 program is February 15, 2014.
For more information on Faculty College, please contact Robyn Dunbar at email@example.com.
2013-14 Faculty College Teams
- Racial Inequality: Jennifer Eberhardt, Rick Banks
- Rediagonalization of the Premedical Sequence in Chemistry: Steve Boxer, Dan Stack, Noah Burns, Megan McClory
- Minor in the Global Middle Ages: Bissera Pentcheva, Kathryn Starkey, Elaine Treharne
- Human Ecology: Jamie Holland Jones, Rebecca Bird, Giulio DeLeo, Eric Lambin, Lisa Curran
- Immigrant Youth Service Learning Course: Amado Padilla, Lisa Medoff, Don Barr, Fernando Mendoza
- The American West: Bruce Cain, David Freyberg, David Kennedy, Alex Nemerov
- Crea tive Writing for Creative Expression WAY: Kirstin Valdez Quade, Brittany Perham
2012-13 Faculty College Teams
Click to see materials; Stanford login required.
- At the Intersection of Science, Technology, and Society: Reinventing STS One at Stanford: Paula Findlen, Jeffrey Heer, John Willinsky - Poster
- Cultures of Knowledge: Paula Findlen, Thomas Mullaney, Reviel Netz, Robert Proctor, Jessica Riskin - Poster
- Department of English: Michele Elam, Blair Hoxby, Gavin Jones, Judith Richardson, Blakey Vermeule
- Food Systems: Christopher Gardner, Debra Dunn, Jay Mitchell, Patrick Archie, Matthew Rothe - Report
- Human Trafficking and Human Rights: Historical, Legal, and Medical Issues: Katherine Jolluck, Helen Stacy, Rebecca Walker, Suzanne Lippert - Poster
- I-Earth: Russell Berman, Alexandria Boehm, Elizabeth Hadly, James Holland Jones, Rosemary Knight - Poster
- Paradigm Shift: Mark Applebaum, Rob Reich
2011-12 Faculty College Teams
- Ethics of War: Professors Scott Sagan, Debra Satz, Allen Weiner, Paul Wise, and Dr. Joseph Felton
- Division of Literatures, Cultures and Languages, new core sequence: Professors Dominic Brookshaw, Adrian Daub, Monika Greenleaf, Sepp Gumbrecht, Hector Hoyos, and Laura Wittman
- Electrical Engineering, new energy and environment track: Professors Bert Hesselink, John Pauly, Olav Solgaard, and Howard Zebker
- Social Animals, Social Revolutions, and Social Networks: Professors Dan Edelstein, Deborah Gordon, and Eric Roberts
- Integrating Design into Bioengineering Major: Professors David Camarillo, Drew Endy, Christina Smolke, and Paul Yock
- Integrated Learning Environments in the Arts: Professors Jonathan Berger, Janice Ross, and Bryan Wolf