How do you plan your online class?
In this section, we offer models for different components of course design: from understanding the models for your online class to considering what kinds of class activities and goals will be appropriate for the facilitation of your course.
- Design Principles for Canvas: A well-designed Canvas course can make a big difference in the quality of your students' learning experience. These design principles will help to guide your design decisions.
- TAs and the Teaching Team: Teaching Assistants are an important part of any teaching team. This page offers suggestions for working effectively with TAs.
- Using Academic Technologies: Technology is fundamental throughout the course planning process. These strategies will help you in effectively integrating technology tools and know-how into your course design.
- Optimizing the Syllabus: The syllabus is an important document for course planning and for communicating important class policies and expectations. This page offers some advice on how you can frame and organize your syllabus.
- Equitable Access: Understand what it takes to ensure that your online course materials are accessible for all of your students.
- Equipment Loans and Support: Find information on support for equipment and hardware commonly used to support online learning.