To get emails about upcoming TA events, join our mailing list TA News from CTL.
Winter CTL Workshops
Writing A Compelling Teaching Statement
12:00-1:30 p.m., Thursday, February 13
CDC 1st Floor Conference Room
Mariatte Denman, Ph.D.
Dr. Mariatte Denman, from the Center for Teaching and Learning, will address a range of conceptual and organizational principles that will help you to organize your reflections and thoughts about teaching in order to write a compelling teaching statement. We will also analyze real examples of teaching statements.
Limited space; RSVP required:
- Sign up through the Cardinal Careers system (For questions about website registration or login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click on “Meetups/Events” on the top menu bar and then open the “Meetups” tab. Use search functions to locate your workshop (tip: type "PhD" into the keywords field to search for all PhD events).
- Select your session and then click the RSVP button to secure your reservation.
Communication Matters Workshop Series
Audience: Grad Students
The Communication Matters Workshop Series is sponsored by the VPGE but led by Doree Allen and Tom Freeland of the Hume Center for Writing and Speaking. This three-part workshop focuses on improving the oral communication skills you have already begun to develop as scholars and teachers and on adapting these skills to suit the range of rhetorical situations you will inevitably encounter in your careers .
Academic Chat Series
The Academic Chat Series is sponsored by the VPGE for grad students. Lunch is served at each monthly meeting. Registration is required. Winter 2014:
- Establishing and Managing a Research Program – Insights for Beginners. Tuesday, January 14, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Getting the Most Out of Research Conferences. Tuesday, February 11, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Common Myths about Grants and Grant Writing and How to Overcome Them. Tuesday, March 4, 12-1:30 p.m.