Main content start
How do you plan your course?
In this section, we offer broad strategies to inform your overall course design plan.
- Design Principles for Canvas: A well-designed Canvas course can make a big difference in the quality of your students' learning experience. These principles will help to guide your design decisions.
- TAs and the Teaching Team: Teaching Assistants (TAs) are an important part of any teaching team. This page offers suggestions for working effectively with TAs.
- Using Academic Technologies: Technology is fundamental throughout the course planning process. These strategies will help you to effectively integrate technology tools and know-how into your course design.
- Optimizing the Syllabus: The syllabus is an important document for course planning and for communicating important class policies and expectations. This page offers some advice on how you can frame and organize your syllabus.
- Equipment Loans and Support: Find information on support for equipment and hardware commonly used to support in person and online learning.