Updates for Winter 2021
- The New to Teaching at Stanford page answers common questions about policies, logistics, and resources for those who are new to Stanford.
- We've reorganized Inclusive Practices for Teaching and Learning on one convenient page.
Getting Started on the Teaching Commons
- Two-minute video walkthrough of the Teaching Commons
- The OnlineTeaching Guide offers comprehensive, step-by-step help planning a course for online instruction.
- Browse Articles section includes quick how-tos, activity ideas, and instructor interviews.
- In our Connect to Resources section, you'll find a growing list of helpful services from across the university.
- The university's Teach Anywhere website collects FAQs and current university policies around online teaching.
- Looking for grants and awards? Start with Recognition on the VPUE website.
Are you teaching an online course?
Check out our updated Online Teaching Guide for comprehensive information on teaching techniques, course design, technology, and support services for online learning.
Related Sites and Resources
Spring Break TEACH Symposium
Registration opens February 22 for our Spring Break TEACH Symposium!
Teach Anywhere is your go-to spot for university policies and procedures on the academic calendar, class scheduling, and more.
Center for Teaching and Learning
Consult with staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning if you have a specific question or want individual guidance on designing your remote course.
Have Suggestions for Teaching Commons?
We're teachers, trainers, and designers at Stanford. Our mission is to bring together resources for instructors that are simple, flexible, and research-based to help you teach successfully.
This resource was developed in response to the remote teaching circumstances necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is intended to support instructors through this time of change.
Your input and feedback will help us continue to improve the site.