Are you teaching an online course?
Check out our updated Online Teaching Guide for comprehensive information on teaching techniques, course design, technology, and support services for online learning.
Getting Started on the Teaching Commons
- Two-minute video walkthrough of the Teaching Commons
- Developing an online course? Explore Teaching Guides for step-by-step help planning a course for online instruction.
- Find new and updated content on inclusive teaching practices for online courses and strategies for the start of quarter: Building Inclusive Community, Setting Norms and Commitments, Advancing Equitable Access.
- Whether you are looking for a specific topic or just exploring, Browse Articles for quick how-tos, activity ideas, and instructor interviews.
- In our Connect to Resources section, you'll find a growing list of helpful services from across the university.
- The university's Teach Anywhere website collects FAQs and current university policies around online teaching.
- Looking for grants and awards? Start with Recognition on the VPUE website.
Related Sites and Resources
Spring Break TEACH Symposium
Registration opens February 22 for our Spring Break TEACH Symposium!
Teach Anywhere is your go-to spot for university policies and procedures on the academic calendar, class scheduling, and more.
Center for Teaching and Learning
Consult with staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning if you have a specific question or want individual guidance on designing your remote course.
Have Suggestions for Teaching Commons?
We're teachers, trainers, and designers at Stanford. Our mission is to bring together resources for instructors that are simple, flexible, and research-based to help you teach successfully.
This resource was developed in response to the remote teaching circumstances necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is intended to support instructors through this time of change.
Your input and feedback will help us continue to improve the site.